Frame title as a question then focus on answering it.
Structure around an introduction that outlines the question you’re asking and how you propose to answer it. Why this question + how going to answer it.
Then 2 or 3 chapters to break up the test into key areas + conclusion that summarises what you’ve deduced and your final thoughts.
- How do sculptors evoke a sense of place in a gallery environment?
- Introduction (200 words)
- why this question? Relate to map tile work
- why ‘place’?
- why ‘gallery environment’? Vacuum / white cube
- How going to answer the question?
- Chapter 1 – 2 or 3
- Two or three different artists + relate to own work
- Chapter 3 or 4
- Comparisons between them
- summary of what deduced
- final thoughts
- Bibliography (assume this doesn’t count towards the word count? Not according to the course notes)