I decided to explore abstract images in this project as I had not done much in this area so far on the course.
I started out with some sketchs of shapes, which developed into this drawing:
I tried a few colour combinations in my sketchbook, but the only one which seemed to work well was the green on a yellow-red rainbow background:
I decided I would experiment further with colours when it came to printing.
Mono print backgrounds used:
Scrunched tissue paper
Ribbons pressed in
With the lino, I either printed a single colour or rainbow rolled the lino block.
With the three chosen for the assignment submission: